2021 and 22 Team Suit
Team suits are encouraged but not required. This season we have selected a navy patterned Arena suit that will be utilized as a two year suit, which means that we will have the same suit in 2022 as we have in 2021. Pricing is roughly: Female $60; Jammer $42; Brief: $35.
Available in two styles for girls:
We will have one team suit fitting at Springboard this season: Wednesday June 9 2021 from 4:00-6:30 pm. You may also purchase the suit directly at Sport Fair in Arlington: 5010 Lee Highway Arlington, VA 22207.
Consider picking up a practice suit for your swimmer or diver so that the team suit will remain in good condition for meets. Some sites like swimoutlet.com or TYR.com offer a "grab bag" suit where you can select the desired style and order at a significant discount but you will be sent a random color or pattern.
Swim Team Equipment Needs
- Swimsuit - One piece "lap" or "competitive" style suits are encouraged for girls and jammer or brief-style suits are suggested for boys. Check out sites like swimoutlet.com or our team suit supplier, Sport Fair, for options. Speedo, TYR and Arena are leading brands and Dolfin and Sporti also make good suits for practices.
- Goggles - Swim goggles are required for practices. Speedo Hydrospex or TYR Swimples are great goggles for younger swimmers. Speedo Vanquisher is a popular model for competitive swimmers. Swimoutlet.com, Sport Fair, and Amazon are good places to start if you're in the market for new goggles. Avoid mask or novelty-style goggles for practices.
- Swim cap - Swimmers need to wear caps to keep hair out of their eyes and get in the habit for meets. There are three styles of caps: latex, silicone and nylon. Competitive swimmers use latex or silicone and it's a matter of preference. Team caps will be offered for sale in conjunction with registration or you can find them at the retailers listed above.
- Face mask - You'll need a mask for practice, meets and events. You won't be able to participate without one!
- Water bottle - Stay hydrated before, during and after practice.
- Sunscreen - Be safe in the sun and apply sunscreen prior to practice.
- Towel - Don't forget your towel!
Swim fins - Swim fins help with kicking and to build strength and endurance. The pool has some fins available for use during practice but we cannot guarantee availability of all sizes. Fins made for snorkeling or diving are not suitable. You can purchase fins on Amazon, Swimoutlet.com or at SportFair in Arlington. Here are some suggestions:
Label fins with a Sharpie (the "heavy duty" Sharpies are great here) on the top of the fin and bottom for quick and easy identification on deck. Swim fins are required for participation in Winter Swim.
Kickboard - The team will utilize kickboards during practices. There are kickboards available for use but you may also purchase your own if you are concerned about shared equipment. Here is a some suggestion:
- Swim bag or backpack - A mesh swim bag or swim backpack will have separate compartments to help separate items or allow them to dry quickly.
- Ear drops - Have some ear drops handy if your swimmer complains of water or pain in their ear. Local pharmacies or Amazon will have options available. Look for "ear drying" or "swimmers ear" drops or prepare a solution yourself of white vinegar and rubbing alcohol.
- Camp chair - Swimmers will need a collapsible camp chair for swim meets.
- Shade canopy tent - We will need families to provide pop up canopy tents for swimmers at meets. Please consider purchasing one and aiding with set up and take down so that your swimmer(s) and maybe a friend or two (depending on social distancing) can wait for events in the shade - it gets hot fast on June and July mornings! Canopies are available at sporting goods stores such as Dick's or Amazon.
All swimmers are required to have (and don't forget to LABEL EVERYTHING):